TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CAELY’S WEBSITES
1. Ability to Use the Services.
In order to accept this Agreement and to use the Services, you must be a resident of an Authorized Jurisdiction and be at least 18 years of age, or if you have parental consent, at least 15 years of age in Australia or 13 years of age in all other Authorized Jurisdictions ("Minimum Age"). The Services are not intended for users under the Minimum Age. You hereby affirmatively represent that (a) you are at least the Minimum Age in the applicable Authorized Jurisdiction; (b) you have the consent of your parent(s) to use the Services if you are under 18 years of age; (c) you have all the applicable rights and authority to grant Caely the rights granted herein; and (d) you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by this Agreement. If you are not at least the Minimum Age, do not have parental consent, or you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you may not use the Services.
3. Compliance with Policies
While using the Services, you agree that you will comply with all posted policies, including our Community and Content Policy and Intellectual Property Policy, as we may update from time to time. We may suspend or stop providing you with access to the Services if you fail to comply with our posted policies.
4. Additional Terms and Conditions
Some of the Services we offer may require additional terms and conditions. We will make those additional terms and conditions available to you with the relevant Services. If you use those Services, the terms and conditions that apply will become part of this Agreement between you and us.
5. Changes in Terms
We may modify this Agreement from time to time. If we make material changes to the Agreement, we will notify you by email or through a message posted on the Services. You agree that such modified Agreement will be effective thirty (30) days after our notice to you, except for changes that relate to new features or for legal reasons, which will become effective immediately. Your continued use of the Services after our provision of notice to you will constitute your affirmative acceptance to the modified Agreement. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with, the Agreement as amended, you must stop using the Services.
6. Your License to Use the Services
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and your payment of any required fees (if applicable), Caely hereby grants to you a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access the Services in an Authorized Jurisdiction, and otherwise view and use the Services to the extent permitted by its intended functionality, for your own individual personal, non-commercial purposes and not for the sublicense to or use by third parties. You may only access and/or use the Services through the certified applications or intended methods that Caely or our licensed partners make available to you. Any access or use of our Services through an application, service, or method provided by a party other than Caely or one of our licensed partners is strictly prohibited, outside the scope of the license granted herein, and may subject your account to termination and other legal action. Any other use not authorized herein, or by Caely in writing, is strictly prohibited and a violation of this Agreement. Caely may revoke and/or terminate the foregoing license with respect to any aspect of the Services at any time, for any or no reason.
Restrictions. Except as otherwise specifically permitted in this Agreement, you shall not :
- (a) modify, download, intercept, or create any derivative works of the Services, including any translations or localizations thereof;
- (b) access or use the Services through an application or means not authorized by Caely;
- (c) copy, store, edit, change, exploit, download, prepare any derivative work of, or alter in any way any of the content made available through the Services;
- (d) license, sell, rent, lease, encumber, transfer, assign, distribute, disclose, post, make available, permit time sharing or simultaneous use of, or otherwise exploit the Services to or for the benefit of any third party;
- (e) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code, algorithms, underlying ideas, or structure or organization of the Services;
- (f) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols, or labels on the Services;
- (g) publish or provide any results of any Services, in whole or in part, aggregated or otherwise, to a third party without Caely's prior written consent;
- (h) provide your username and password used to access the Services to any third party;
- (i) use any systems or means, automated or otherwise, to access, acquire, copy, scrape, harvest, or monitor any part of the Services;
- (j) circumvent any technological measures employed by or on behalf of Caely to protect the Services;
- (k) use any other technologies or initiate any other activities that may harm the Services, or the interests or property of Caely or other users of the Services; or
- (i) aid or encourage any third party to engage in any activity that would constitute a breach of this Agreement.
ANY USE OF THE SERVICES NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
7. Authorized Jurisdictions
Caely makes the Services available in certain jurisdictions globally, including the United States, Australia, and New Zealand, and the territories of the foregoing countries (each, an "Authorized Jurisdiction", and collectively, the "Authorized Jurisdictions"). We may add or remove countries and/or territories from the list of Authorized Jurisdictions at any time and without any notice, liability, or obligation to you with respect to each such territory. Use of the Services outside of the Authorized Jurisdictions is strictly prohibited, outside the scope of the license granted herein, and may subject your account to termination and other legal action.
8. Communication Preferences and Consent
From time to time we may send you communications to the email address associated with your account. These communications may include, but are not limited to, tips and station recommendations, special offers, and other account-related or transactional messages. Also, when you create a station, you may receive communications from or related to product(s) associated with that station by or on behalf of Caely. If you elected to have an advertiser contact you through Third Party Ads displayed on the Services, your Caely communication preferences will not affect your receipt of those advertiser-provided communications.
9. Advertising Content
The Services may present advertisements for or links to third party websites, products, and/or services ("Third Party Ads"). We are not responsible for the availability of these Third Party Ads, or the images, messages, or other materials contained therein. Neither Caely nor any of its affiliates will be liable for any errors in content or omissions in any Third Party Ads, nor responsible for any losses or damages of any sort incurred as a result of your participation with, use of, or reliance on the Third Party Ads, including any goods, products, or services offered by such Third Party Ads.
10. Authorized Jurisdictions
Caely is not obligated to provide technical support under the terms of this Agreement, and provides no assurance that any specific errors or discrepancies in the Services will be corrected. Caely may alter the availability of any feature of the Services, or impose new limitations on your use of the Services, at any time with or without notice, liability, or obligation with respect to such feature or limitation. In certain circumstances, such as in the case of a security problem, we may require you to install an update in order to continue using the Services. In order to provide the best quality Services to all of our users, we monitor the Services to detect and prevent fraud and abuse. We may, in our sole discretion, terminate your account and your access to the Services should we determine it is associated with fraudulent or abusive activities as it relates to the Services. Further, we reserve the right to pursue legal action in connection with fraudulent or abusive activities.
When using the Services, we may permit you to store data, preferences set by you, content or other information for your convenience, but we are under no obligation to retain any such data, preferences, content or other information that you may have stored and will not be liable for the deletion of any such information.
11. Intellectual Property
As between you and Caely, you acknowledge that Caely retains all rights, title, and interest in and to all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and any other proprietary rights in the Services, the software and application programming interfaces (APIs) comprising the Services, and all content therein. Caely, its logo, charm designs, bracelet designs, bangle designs, as well as certain other Caely trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos, are the registered trademarks or trademarks of Caely. The Services may also contain third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos. The Services are owned and/or licensed by Caely and are protected by the laws of all countries in which the Services are made available. You agree to prevent any unauthorized copying, use, or distribution of the Services. Except as expressly provided herein, Caely does not grant any express or implied right to you under any Caely-owned or licensed copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights.
12. Submissions & Feedback; Your Content
Caely is fortunate to have a vibrant and active user community that shares our passion for innovation, and our drive to constantly improve our Services. While our employees continually strive to develop and evaluate our own ideas, we pride ourselves on paying close attention to the feedback, comments, and suggestions we receive from our customers.
By submitting any ideas, feedback and/or proposals to Caely regarding the Services ("Feedback"), you expressly acknowledge and agree that:
- (a) Caely is not under any obligation to you, including any obligation of payment of compensation or confidentiality, with respect to the Feedback; and
- (b) Caely may freely use, assign, transfer, distribute, exploit, and further develop and modify the Feedback for any purpose. To the extent any copyright or other intellectual property ownership interest vests in you with respect to the Feedback, you hereby grant Caely a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, irrevocable, sublicensable, and perpetual right and license to make, use, copy, sell, distribute, otherwise exploit, and create derivative works of the Feedback. Further, you irrevocably release Caely from any and all liability and claims that may result from or are related to the rights to the Feedback.
Except as separately licensed or as authorized under an applicable statutory licensing scheme, if you elect to upload or provide written, photographic, or other audio visual content to Caely in connection with your use of the Services or participation in a Caely-sponsored campaign ("Your Content"), you hereby grant Caely a non-exclusive, transferrable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid up, royalty-free, worldwide right and license (but not the obligation) to use, archive, stream, copy, distribute, publicly perform, create derivative works of, transmit, and otherwise exploit, in whole or in part, Your Content, in any manner or medium now known or hereafter devised. This exploitation may include, without limitation, use of Your Content to endorse Caely or third-party products and services. Additionally, you further grant Caely a non-exclusive, transferrable, sublicensable, perpetual, irrevocable, fully paid up, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to exploit your name, likeness, personality, voice, and any other materials or information you provide to Caely in connection with Your Content.
You hereby irrevocably waive any and all rights to seek or obtain any injunctive or other equitable or compensatory relief against Caely for its use or exploitation of Your Content as licensed herein, as well as any claims under "moral rights" or similar theories. You agree that Caely enabling you to provide us with Your Content is adequate and sufficient consideration for our use of Your Content, you will not receive any additional consideration or compensation for Caely's exploitation of Your Content, and Caely has no obligation to use any of Your Content.
Other than as provided in this Agreement, you will retain ownership of all rights in Your Content.
Your Content, and its provision by you thereof, will at all times be subject to our Intellectual Property Policy.
13. Disclaimers; Limitations of Liability
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES. TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LOCAL LAW SPECIFICALLY AND EXPRESSLY PROHIBITS SUCH EXCLUSIONS, THOSE SUCH EXCLUSIONS SET FORTH BELOW MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ANY PRODUCTS, SOFTWARE AND CONTENT CONTAINED THEREIN) ARE LICENSED AND PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE". ANY USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Caely DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. Caely MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE FREE FROM LOSS, DESTRUCTION, DAMAGE, CORRUPTION, ATTACK, VIRUSES, INTERFERENCE, HACKING, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION, OR WILL NOT CONTAIN CONTENT YOU DEEM OFFENSIVE, INDECENT, OR OTHERWISE OBJECTIONABLE, AND Caely DISCLAIMS ANY LIABILITY RELATING THERETO. Caely MAKES NO GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OR WARRANTIES THAT THE USE OF OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, CURRENT, OR THAT OPERATION OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN LIABILITIES. TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LOCAL LAW SPECIFICALLY AND EXPRESSLY PROHIBITS SUCH EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS, THOSE SUCH EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS SET FORTH BELOW MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Caely'S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY PARTY RELATED TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU ACTUALLY PAID FOR THE APPLICABLE PORTION OF THE SERVICES AT ISSUE WITHIN THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE OF YOUR CLAIM. THIS LIMITATION APPLIES TO ALL CAUSES OF ACTION OR CLAIMS IN THE AGGREGATE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, INDEMNITY, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, MISREPRESENTATION, AND OTHER TORTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL Caely BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR LOST PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION ON WHICH THEY ARE BASED, EVEN IF Caely HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OCCURRING.
You agree to defend (at our option), hold harmless, and indemnify us from and against all third party claims and all liabilities, assessments, losses, costs, or damages resulting from or arising out of (a) your alleged or actual breach of this Agreement, including your express representations and warranties; (b) your use or misuse of the Services; and (c) your alleged or actual infringement or violation of the rights of a third party, including without limitation any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, and rights of privacy.
15. Term and Termination
Subject to the terms of this section, this Agreement will remain in effect for as long as you use the Services. You may cancel your account and terminate this Agreement at any time and for any reason by informing and being granted agreement by Caely. We may terminate this Agreement and your access to the Services at any time and for any reason by providing notice to the email address you provided us. Upon any termination of this Agreement, the rights and licenses granted to you hereunder, including your ability to access and use the Services, will immediately. You agree that we will have no liability to you for any costs, losses, damages, or liabilities arising out of or related to the termination of this Agreement. Any provision of this Agreement that should, by its nature, survive termination of this Agreement will survive its termination. Such provisions include, but are not limited to sections 1-4, 7, and 11-28.
We may post notices to you within the Services. We may also send you notices about products and services to the email address you provided us. You hereby consent to receive notice from us through the foregoing means, and you are deemed to have received such notices at the latest within two (2) business days from us posting or sending a notice. You are responsible for keeping your account information, including your email address, up to date. Caely assumes no liability nor any responsibility for any consequences resulting from your provision or use of outdated, incomplete, or inaccurate information in connection with the Services. Except as otherwise provided for herein, any notices required to be delivered to Caely under this Agreement may be delivered via first class registered Malaysia mail, overnight courier, or personal service to Caely Sdn Bhd (984544-T).
Caely may assign this Agreement or delegate any of our rights or obligations hereunder, or any part thereof, to any third party, including our successor in interest, without requiring your written consent. You may not assign this Agreement in whole or in part, for any reason. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns.
18. Third Party Beneficiaries
Except with respect to platform providers through which you download or use applications certified by Caely, nothing in this Agreement, either express or implied, is intended to or will be deemed to confer upon any other person or entity any right, benefit, or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
19. Governing Law and Disputes
- (a) Governing Law. This Agreement, including all claims relating to or arising hereof or breach thereof, whether sounding in contract, tort, or otherwise, will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Delaware, excluding its choice-of-law principles.
- (b) Applicability of Section. The terms of this section 20 will apply to all disputes that may arise out of, are connected with, or relate to this Agreement or the Services, subject only to the following exceptions: (1) if Caely reasonably believes that you have in any manner acted or failed to act in any manner that may cause harm to us or any third party, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any court of competent jurisdiction; or (2) any dispute may, at the option of the claiming party, be resolved in small claims court in Malaysia, provided that all claims by all parties in the dispute (i) fall within the jurisdiction of the small claims court, and (ii) were unsuccessfully resolved through the Informal Resolution procedure required in section 20(c) below. Furthermore, in no event will the terms of this section limit Caely's ability to investigate complaints or reported violations of this Agreement, or to take any action we deem necessary and appropriate to mitigate actions against us, including reporting any suspected unlawful activity to law enforcement officials, regulators, or other third parties such as music rightsholders.
- (c) Informal Resolution. If you have any dispute with us or any related third party, arising out of, relating to, or connected with this Agreement or the Services, you agree to contact us directly and provide a brief, written description of the dispute and your contact information (including your username, if your dispute relates to an account); and give us thirty (30) days from the date of filing your written description with us within which to resolve the dispute to your reasonable satisfaction. If Caely does not resolve the dispute through good faith negotiations under this informal process, you may pursue the dispute in accordance with the arbitration agreement below.
- (d) Limitation of Actions. Regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action you may have arising out of, relating to, or connected with your use of the Services, must be filed within twelve (12) months of the date the facts giving rise to the suit were known or should have been known by you, or forever be barred.
In the event any provisions of this Agreement are found to be contrary to any law or regulation of an administrative or governmental agency or body, such provision will be modified and interpreted to accomplish the objectives of such provision to the greatest extent possible under applicable law, and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. In the event such a provision cannot be modified and becomes invalidated or unenforceable, its invalidation or unenforceability will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement.
21. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the complete and exclusive agreement between you and Caely with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals, representations, understandings, or agreements not specifically incorporated herein.
22. Questions Regarding this Agreement
If you have any questions regarding this Agreement, you may contact Caely's Support team.